There are further signs that the resurgence in Northamptonshire’s new homes market is continuing, following the announcement that only two properties remain at Miller Homes’ renowned Woodland Park development.
Two, three, four and five-bedroomed homes have all been snapped up at the site in the market town of Desborough, which benefits from a rural location, whilst still being in close proximity to local amenities and major commuter routes.
Joy Goodman, sales director at Miller Homes East Midlands, commented: “The level of interest at Woodland Park has been extremely high and goes to show that confidence is growing and buyers are realising that there has never been a better time to invest in a new home.
“As an added bonus, we’ve also decided to include fitted carpets, washing machine and refrigerator as standard in the remaining properties.”
A particular highlight at the development is The Brunel Special showhome, a three-bedroomed townhouse with en-suite shower room and integral garage. Priced at £149,950, the spacious home also benefits from a Juliette balcony, and fitted wardrobes in the master bedroom.
The three-bedroomed semi-detached Upton-style property is also available at Woodland Park. With a price of £159,950, it includes a master suite on the second floor with en-suite, separate dressing room and fitted wardrobes.
“The great news is that The Upton is still available via the Government-backed HomeBuy Direct (HBD) scheme,” added Joy. “But, with time running out to register for the initiative, people need to move quickly to secure a bargain and, what could well end up being, a home for life.”
The HBD scheme means that those who qualify have the opportunity to purchase 100 per cent of the property by paying from only 70 per cent of the value, with both Miller Homes and the Government equally funding the remaining 30 per cent, meaning that The Upton could be available from as little as £111,965.
HBD is open to first time buyers with a household income of less than £60,000 a year, key workers and current households who cannot afford to buy a property on the open market.
The 30 per cent equity loan will only become repayable after 25 years or when the customer sells their home, whichever comes first, and there is no interest payable for the first five years.
For more information about Woodland Park, visit www.millerhomes.co.uk/explore/EastMidlands, or call the Sales Information Centre on 0800 840 8646, Friday to Monday 10.30am to 5.30pm and Thursday 11.30am to 6.30pm.