HBD Makes Family Life A Breeze For Alan And Sarah

Trinity Park - Chaplin 1Fed up with trying to find a deposit to put down on a property close to their daughter’s school, Sarah and Alan Chaplin had nearly given up hope of owning the perfect family home.

But then they discovered the HomeBuy Direct (HBD) scheme from Miller Homes East Midlands was available on selected properties at Trinity Park, a stunning development in Barrow-upon-Soar, boasting countryside views.

With a 13-year-old daughter, and a seven-month-old baby, Sarah, a 31-year-old civil servant, and Alan, a 31-year-old admin officer, wanted to move out of their old house in Loughborough and set up home in Barrow in order to reduce the daily commute to school.

The HBD scheme means that those who qualify have the opportunity to purchase 100 per cent of a property by paying only 70 per cent of the value, with both Miller Homes and the Government equally funding the remaining 30 per cent.

The 30 per cent equity loan will only become repayable after 25 years or when the customer sells their home, whichever comes first, and there is no interest payable for the first five years.

After visiting the development the family fell head over heels with The Auden, a three-bedroomed townhouse with detached single garage.

Sarah commented: “We knew we had to move to Barrow, but after looking at house prices we soon realised that this would just not be possible within our budget range.

“HBD gave us the chance to buy a new, three-bedroomed townhouse with enough space for both of our children, and although we were unsure of whether we would get accepted on to the scheme, Miller Homes was fantastic at reassuring us and offering us the support we needed to turn our dreams into reality.”

Joy Goodman, sales director at Miller Homes East Midlands, commended: “It really is fantastic that the HBD scheme has been able to help Sarah and Alan to purchase their ideal property.

“Buying new is often the best value option for many and Miller Homes prides itself on offering innovative schemes to make that possible.

“HBD is now being offered at Lakeside Country Park, Hamilton, Leicestershire, making it even easier for buyers to purchase a new home.”

For more details about Trinity Park, or HBD, visit, or call the sales centre – open Friday to Wednesday 10.30am to 5.30pm & Thursdays 11.30am to 6.30pm on 0800 840 8649.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply