banners-3
banners-2
banner-img1

Miller Homes and Homebuy Direct Continue to Help Buyers in Leicestershire

mh lauragrimmett 1With a selected number of new properties now available via the Government-backed HomeBuy Direct scheme, Miller Homes East Midlands is urging prospective buyers in Leicestershire to act quickly to take advantage of the initiative.

HBD has proved extremely popular for the housebuilder and offers those buyers who qualify the chance to purchase 100 per cent of a new property by paying only 70 per cent of the value up front. The remaining 30 per cent is equally funded by Miller Homes and the Government, becoming repayable after 25 years or when the customer sells their home, whichever comes first.

A limited number of properties are now available as part of HBD at Miller Homes’ newly-opened Augustus Park development in Enderby.

Laura Grimmett is just one of many to have benefited from HBD in the region.

Following some time away travelling, Laura landed a full-time job as an NHS administration worker and decided it was time to move out of her parents’ home.

At first, she was convinced that renting was her only option, as she assumed that she would be priced out of the market. It was only after reading a leaflet from Miller Homes East Midlands that she realised buying a new-build property was a viable alternative.

“I had already visited one of Miller Homes’ developments with a friend,” commented Laura, “so I knew that they built top quality homes. When I read the leaflet that was put through my parents’ door, I noticed that affordable ownership options via HBD were being offered.”

After talking to a Miller Homes sales advisor, Laura decided to use HBD to purchase a new, two-bedroomed apartment.

“HBD was an affordable way to get my foot onto the property ladder, with the confidence of owning 100 per cent of the apartment from day one. Once I had done all of the sums, I was shocked to work out that the mortgage repayments each month were actually cheaper than paying rent!”

Joy Goodman, sales director for Miller Homes East Midlands, believes HBD has proved to be an invaluable way of helping people to get on the property ladder:

“Affordable schemes like HBD are giving people the confidence to purchase a spacious new home, which in many cases turns out to be a home for life,” said Joy.

“Augustus Park has already proved to be a highly-popular development, particularly because of its location. The site is off Narborough Road, with the motorway network easily accessible. Fosse Park Retail Village is also nearby and the popular Highcross Shopping Centre is just a short drive away in Leicester city centre.”

For more details about Augustus Park, or HBD, visit www.millerhomes.co.uk/explore/EastMidlands, or call the sales centre on 0800 840 8661.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply